This website uses affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service after clicking a link on this site – we may earn a commission (at no additional cost to you). As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Step 1 – Gather Ingredients and Supplies
Much of this stuff you may have around the house already. The rest you can pick up at a local store or simply order it up on Amazon and have it delivered in just a few days.
Step 2 – Make homemade ‘borax ant killer’ traps
Making these traps is pretty simple. First you make the ant poison mixture…
- Thoroughly mix 1 part borax with 3 parts sugar
- Slowly stir in water until mixture resembles the texture of a thick syrup
- (Optional) Add a little bit of actual syrup
Next, prepare the containers that the mixture will go into.
- Punch, poke or drill holes in the sides near the top of the container. You can also place holes in the lid
- Fill containers with the mixture being careful not to get too close to the holes in the sides
Step 3 – Place ‘borax ant killer’ traps
Simply place the traps at or near locations where you’ve seen ants or where you have ant problems or where you suspect you may have ant problems.
Always be mindful of children or pets or anybody or anything that might get into these. In other words… keep out of reach of children!
Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions (with pictures) – including our recommended measurements and tips and tricks that we’ve found to be helpful over the years.